WASHINGTON — The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits plummeted last week to the lowest level in more than half a century, another sign that the U.S. job market is rebounding rapidly from last year's coronavirus recession.
This Week's Circulars
- Man facing attempted murder charge after alleged road rage incident
- Christmas parades, more holiday events in store this weekend
- PREP SPORTS: Holly Pond's Brown named Athlete of the Week
- PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Cullman boys stay unbeaten, down Winfield 79-68; Lady Bearcats dominate
- PREP FOOTBALL: Fairview’s Redding named ALFCA 5A Coach of the Year
- PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Good Hope girls use strong 2nd half to knock off New Hope; Raider boys earn win
- Hanceville Nursing & Rehab awards nursing scholarship
- Planning commission approves plan for apartment complex
- Upgrades on the way: Hanceville taps Rescue Plan funds for industrial project
- New lights caution Highway 69 drivers of treacherous intersection near Cold Springs
Edwin Richard Sharpton, 87, of Logan passed away on Thursday, December 2, 2021 at Cullman Regional Medical Center. He was born June 11, 1934 to Richard and Bertha Sharpton. Edwin graduated from Cullman High School in 1952. He entered the U.S. Navy and served four years. He was a member of Be…
Funeral Service for Sherrill Chaviers will be 2 p.m. Sunday, December 5, 2021 at Cullman Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 12-2 p.m. prior to the service. Interment in the Etha Cemetery.