ATLANTA — Rookie Ian Anderson and the Braves bullpen took a no-hit bid into the eighth inning, Austin Riley and Travis d'Arnaud drove in runs and Atlanta beat the Houston Astros 2-0 Friday night to take a 2-1 lead in the World Series.
This Week's Circulars
- PREP FOOTBALL: Cornelius out at Cold Springs after 2 seasons
- PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Couch’s buzzer-beating layup lifts Holly Pond past Vinemont 44-42
- City schools honor teachers of the year
- Ex-Alabama QB Jay Barker charged with domestic violence
- TALKIN’ COUNTY TOURNAMENT: Annual showdown to provide satisfaction — guaranteed
- Tree sale coming to Agriplex Feb. 19
- Sun Dropped? Buffalo Rock-Pepsi promises that SunDrop will return to shelves.
- Ballet school to premiere new venue
- PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Cold Springs notches home sweep of Holly Pond
- PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Martin’s steal, layup lead Fairview to win over Susan Moore