A summer event that has grown to draw thousands of people to downtown Cullman is returning Friday.
2nd Fridays kicks off at 5 p.m. with a full lineup of music, shopping, dining, art, classic cars and children’s activities that will continue until 10 p.m.
Sponsored by the Cullman Area Chamber of Commerce and Cullman Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism, activities will stretch along the city’s entertainment district, from Depot Park, north to around the Busy Bee Cafe. The Cullman Downtown Merchants Association is also joining in the Friday festivities with many of the activities planned north of U.S. 278.
Depot Park will be taken by Youth Night in the Park, with several youth groups from area churches coming together to provide games like corn hole, an obstacle course, dizzy bat, and much more.Youth of all ages are invited to join in the fun.
“This event was started as a way to spotlight retail businesses and restaurants and it has grown in popularity each year,” said Magan Bartlett of the Chamber of Commerce. “The events will continue each month through September.”
In addition to the ever-popular car show along the district, the downtown merchants have arranged for a kids zone that will include a bounce house, pirate ship and other attractions.
Just a sampling of all that’s available Friday, includes:
Other activities for June’s 2nd Friday include:
- Johnathan East on the Shirley Quattlebaum - State Farm Insurance Agent stage
- Alex Swindle on the James R Smith Trucking Artist Alley Stage
- Blind The Sky on the Dairy Queen Grill & Chill Stage
- R.E. Garrison Trucking, Inc. show lot, featuring the Buffalo Wild Wings Kids Zone
- The Branham Accessories antique and classic car Cruise-In
- James R Smith Trucking Artist Alley, with artists, and Chamber member pop-up shops
- Farm Y’all Cullman sponsored by Cullman County Economic Development, featuring a specially opened Festhalle Farmers Market
- EvaBank’s Depot Park featuring Youth Night in the Park with Domino’s Pizza
- A food demonstration, sponsored by River Valley Ingredients
- A watermelon spittin’ contest, sponsored by Urban Grace
- Several different types of food trucks
- Extended retail and dining hours at participating Cullman Warehouse District and Downtown Cullman stores.
David Palmer may be contacted at 256-734-2131, ext. 116.