Fourth of July weekend kicked off Friday night with Fireworks over Cullman at Heritage Park. After a drive-in event last year, visitors were allowed in Heritage Park to watch the show this year.
If you missed out on the show, there are plenty of opportunities to catch a fireworks show on Sunday.
Smith Lake Park’s annual Fireworks and Music Festival will be an all-day event, with festivities beginning at 9 a.m. and ending after a fireworks show at 9 p.m. The $5 entry fee for the day will allow visitors to browse through arts and crafts, sample food from local vendors and hear plenty of live music.
The 20th Annual Freedom Festival in Fairview is also set for Sunday, with live music from the First Baptist Church of Fairview’s worship team beginning at 8 p.m. and fireworks beginning at 9 p.m.
Good Hope’s Faith, Family and Freedom Firework Extravaganza will be hosted by the Branded by Christ Cowboy Church in Good Hope Municipal Park on Sunday. The church will be hosting a horse parade at 7:30 p.m. with fireworks following at dark, and admission to the event is free.
The town of Colony will also be hosting an Independence Day event, with three tournaments set to take place in the town’s park. The cornhole and horseshoe tournaments have entry fees of $25 for two-person teams to have a chance to win a $100 grand prize, while a kickball tournament will be free for all who want to enter. The event begins at 3:30 p.m. and will run into the night, when a fireworks show will end the festivities.
This Week's Circulars
- (Gallery, video) The ‘bravest little girl’: Community rallies around Lillie Handley
- ADPH warns of fish consumption
- Flanigan pleads guilty to manslaughter, sentenced to 20-years
- Streets, upcoming events discussed at Cullman Council meeting
- County to have two first days of school: No mask requirement for students, teachers
- BLAST FROM THE PAST: Reliving Hanceville’s 2000-01 state championship journey
- County approves restricting road access for Rock the South
- Arrest reports for July 16-18, 2021
- Traffic plan in the works for CMS drop-offs, pickups
- PREP SPORTS: Local standouts compete at North-South All-Star Week
Mia Paige Hunt, 56, of Cullman, passed away on Tuesday, July 20, 2021, at UAB. She was born November 2, 1964, in Cullman, Ala., to Odean Garland and Doris Garland Heron. She was preceded in death by her parents and sister, Portia Givens. Survivors include her husband, Steve Hunt; daughter, R…
Funeral Service for Elizabeth Howard, 85, of Cullman, will be at 1 p.m. on Monday, July 26, 2021, at Cullman Heritage Funeral Home; interment in Ebenezer Cemetery. Visitation will be from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. prior to the service. Cullman Heritage Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Mrs. Ho…
Memorial services for David Lee Collins, 61, is incomplete at this time and will be announced at a later date. Cullman Funeral Home is honored to be serving the Collins family. David passed away Sunday, July 18, 2021 at his residence. He was born May 9, 1960 to Audie Leon and Johnnie Claudea…