By Patrick McCreless
Cullman County Sheriff’s investigators suspect a fire that destroyed the inside of a local home last week was the work of an arsonist.
According to sheriff’s reports, the arson allegedly took place between 8:30 p.m. Thursday and 3:30 a.m. Friday at a home on Lick Creek Road. The victims in the case were not present at the time of the fire.
“They left and when they came back home, they saw the inside of their home was burnt out,” said Lt. Phillip Lambert of the sheriff’s office. “There was some evidence of diesel fuel or kerosene being poured.”
Reports indicate the suspect or suspects forcibly entered the residence through the front door. The fire destroyed part of the home as well as several pieces of property.
No suspects have been listed in the case.
“The fire marshal has been notified but he hasn’t arrived yet,” Lambert said.
By Patrick McCreless
Click any reaction to login.
This Week's Circulars
- Group gathers at Depot Park to protest death of George Floyd
- Homtex pays back $1.5M loan
- Cullman COVID-19 death confirmed
- Cullman sees record number of COVID-19 cases in a single day
- 2 charged in slaying of officer killed at Alabama motel
- Seven people found dead inside burning house in Alabama
- Duchess Bakery reopening with new ownership
- Cotton Pickin’ famous: Hanceville’s Cotton Pickin’ Kids go viral with homegrown bluegrass charm
- Confederate Railroad concert on track at Hanceville
- (Updated with pickup times) Daystar Church to distribute food boxes
Joyce Lovelady Tucker, 87, of Athens, Ala., died Thursday, June 4, 2020 at her residence. Services will be 3 p.m. Sunday at O'Neal Church of Christ with Matt Taylor, Barry Tucker, Larry Tucker and Greg Tucker officiating with burial in O'Neal Cemetery. Visitation is Sunday from 1 p.m. until …
Moss Service Funeral Home is saddened by the death of George Eugene Long, 65, of Cullman. To view service information and to leave condolences for the family visit mossservicefh.com. Moss Service Funeral Home directing.
Moss Service Funeral Home is saddened by the death of Frank A. Potter, Jr., age 70, of Hanceville. Arrangements will be announced later. To leave condolences for the family visit mossservicefh.com Moss Service Funeral Home directing.
Donnie Mullins of Cullman, Alabama passed away June 3, 2020 at the age of 76. He was born in Cullman December 17, 1943 to Howard and Ora Chambers Mullins. He was preceded in death by his parents; brother-in-law, Herschel Burks; nephew-in-law, Dr. Paul Freeman. Graveside services will be Satu…