Here are a list of Halloween events and attractions in the Cullman area.
* Vinemont Scouts’ Haunted House, at Scout House in Vinemont, opens at dusk Oct. 24, 29, 30, 31. $5 general public; $2.50/scout. All proceeds to go Vinemont Pack 227.
* Garden City Elementary School, harvest carnival, 4:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 24, in the school gym. Auction will follow. Concessions available. All proceeds to benefit the school.
* McKinley Chapel United Methodist Church, fall festival, 5 p.m. Oct. 24. Free. Games, food. Church located at 1946 County Road 25 in Bug Tussle.
* Mt. Carmel United Methodist Church, community Halloween party, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 24, at the Berlin Community Center. Games, refreshments. Come in costume. Info: Ruth Freeman or Marie Sanford at 739-6138.
* Vinemont Church of God, fall fest, 3 to 8 p.m. Oct. 24, live worship bands, inflatable gyms, dunking booth, hotdogs, popcorn, and games. Church is located at 1331 County Road 1223 in Vinemont, 35179.
* Daystar Church, Good Hope, will host a family fall festival from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 28. Carnival rides, games and concessions. Free admission. Bring bag or bucket to collect goodies/treats from each booth. Info: Church office at 737-0800.
* East Side Baptist Church will hold a fall festival from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, at the church located at 302 8th Ave. SE. Refreshments and games. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Info: Barbara Bolin at 734-6144.
* First Baptist Church-Cullman, great pumpkin night, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 30, in the Recreation Outreach Center at the church. games, crafts, hotdogs, followed by devotion and great pumpkin parade. Families may bring their carved lighted pumpkins to parade the gym in wagons in the dark. Pumpkins judged in many categories. Then movie, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” will be shown on the big screens.
* Faith Baptist Church in Vinemont, trunk-or-treat, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, at 11 County Road 1301, Cullman, AL 35055. Bring basket/bucket/bag for collection of treats. Info: Church at 734-7307.
* First Baptist Church in Hanceville, 704 Commercial St., directly across from the high school, Hallelujah night, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, with games , trunk-or-treat, giant slide and a very special grand finale: Cullman First Church of the Nazarene Puppet Team.
* First Baptist Church in Vinemont, 6 p.m. Oct. 31, trunk of treats, games, popcorn, drinks. Children must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Free.Church is located at 787 County Road 1343. Info: Ann Irani at 347-6340.
* Living Water Worship Center, trunk-or-treat, 5 p.m. Oct. 31, at the new church located in Hanceville.
* Longview Church of God, 2025 County Road 1269, trunk or treat, 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. Games, hay rides, free hotdogs and drinks. Register to win a $50 gift certificate to Wal-Mart.
* New Hope No. 2 Baptist Church, fall festival, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 31, at the church at 2290 County Road 1682, Cullman 35058. Cake walk, face painting, fish pond, ring toss, etc. No scary costumes. Young children must be accompanied by adult. Info: Church office at 796-5171.
* Northbrook Baptist Church, fall festival, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, in the church parking lot. Games, rides, food. No scary costumes. Admittance is one bag of unopened candy. Church is located at 3691 Ala. Highway 157 N in Cullman. Info: Church office at 734-6401.
* St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, trunk-or-treat, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, in the Activity Center parking lot at 615 Main Ave. in Cullman.
* St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, trunk-or-treat, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, in the north parking lot. Children bring bags or baskets for treats. Free. Church is at 523 4th Ave. SE in Cullman.
* Shady Grove Baptist Church, trunk-or-treat, 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, at the church located at 4690 County Road 437, Cullman 35057. Free. No scary costumes; children should be accompanied by an adult.
* Zombie House, sponsored by Citizens In Action - Hanceville, on Bangor Ave. behind the Jimmie Hale Mission. $5 weekday; $10 weekend. All proceeds to go to community projects, such as the Angel Tree, the indigent elderly help fund for light bills, and more.