- Top News
Arrests, incidents reports for July 21, 2014
Here is a look at the incidents that were reported to the Cullman City Police Department for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday:
- Maynor’s defense files discovery, transfer denied
- Crypt leak could be tested this week
- The Times' Morning Update for Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Reception Tuesday for Regional Sculptors Invitational Exhibit
- Arrests, incidents reports for July 21, 2014
- Top Sports
LOCAL GOLF: Hectic summers winding down for local courses
Although summer may be slowly coming to an end, local golf is still very much in full swing.
Just ask Cary Craig.
- OUTDOORS: Refine your practice time for best fishing
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Petrino returns to Louisville for 1st ACC season
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Cullman products Clay, Mallard shine in latest outings
- The (less than) 1 percent: Where’s the love for local talent when it comes to All-Star Sports Week?
- LOCAL GOLF: Hectic summers winding down for local courses
James J. Carnes Jr.
Funeral services for James J. Carnes Jr., 78, of Falkville will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Cullman Heritage Funeral Home Chapel, the Rev. DeJuan Reese officiating, with interment in Cullman Heritage Cemetery.
Carl Barnes ‘Mater’ Phillips
Funeral services for Carl Barnes "Mater" Phillips, 67, of Cullman will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Moss-Service Funeral Home Chapel, G.T. Robertson officiating, with burial in Center Hill Cemetery.
Mary Carolyn Miller
Funeral services for Mary Carolyn Miller, 73, of Cullman will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Moss-Service Funeral Home Chapel, the Rev. Tommy Grave officiating, with burial in Livingston Chapel Cemetery.
Betty Carlos Eadie
Funeral services for Betty Carlos Eadie, 80, of Cullman will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Cullman Funeral Home Chapel, the Rev. Tony “Butch” Cleghorn officiating, with burial at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Cullman City Cemetery.
Mildred Howse Sutton
Mildred Howse Sutton passed away peacefully at her home Friday, July 18, 2014, in Gadsden, Alabama. She was born July 8, 1923, in Cullman to Lawrence Daniel and Vallie Mae Cabe Howse. She was a seamstress and homemaker.
- James J. Carnes Jr.
Summer down time: Local youth take their sports and leisure seriously
So it’s a perfect summer day, except for a little afternoon shower. Actually, the rain didn’t really bother a group of recent Cullman High graduates who gathered under the shelter of the Festhalle’s peeked roof.
- SOUTHERN STYLE: Knowing southern speak
- Featured pet: Spud needs a forever home
- Featured pet: Julie needs a forever home
- Summer down time: Local youth take their sports and leisure seriously
- Weather Radar
- Letters to the Editor
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Why we Relay
For more than 20 years, a large group of Cullman County residents have banded together with one common goal in mind: to help in the fight against cancer.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Enough is enough, stop child abuse now
- Regarding job descriptions
- Do what is right in political field
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Why we Relay
EDITORIAL: Primary shows maturity, will of voters
With the local Republican Primary wrapped up, the outcome of three races may have seemed surprising to some observers.
- EDITORIAL: Judge makes the right decision
- EDITORIAL: Truth and independence
- A new Confederate state or improve Alabama?
- EDITORIAL: Taking charge with a vote
- EDITORIAL: Primary shows maturity, will of voters