- Top News
The Times' Morning Update for Monday, March 10, 2014
Good morning, readers, take a look at what’s happening today in Cullman County:
- Residents want ‘humility,’ ‘accountability’ in next school superintendent
- Merchants Bank embraces corporate citizen role
- Gentry leads February fundraising in sheriff’s race
- HPD: Boaz man charged with attempted murder after trying to run over police chief
- The Times' Morning Update for Monday, March 10, 2014
- Top Sports
PREP SOFTBALL: Lady Broncos enjoy 5-1 weekend at Wallace State tourney
Holly Pond was one of several squads to make its home at Heritage Park this weekend, reeling off five wins in a row before bowing out in the semis at the Wallace State Softball Tournament.
- CULLMAN INVITATIONAL: Lady Broncos, Vinemont boys lift team titles; locals snag 3 of 4 MVP awards
- WALLACE STATE HOOPS: Lewis’s 31 launches Lions to 3rd ACCC tourney title in 5 seasons
- PREP ROUNDUP: Bearcat baseball splits pair with Southside-Gadsden
- PREP BASEBALL: Hanceville sheds underdog status, beats Warriors 7-2 to secure 1st county crown since 2005
- PREP SOFTBALL: Lady Broncos enjoy 5-1 weekend at Wallace State tourney
- Joyce Eleanor Zukowski
Alice ‘Faye’ Phillips Smith
Funeral services for Alice “Faye” Phillips Smith, 67, of Cullman will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Cullman Funeral Home Chapel, Bro. Bo Edmonds officiating, with interment in Cullman City Cemetery.
Britni Lynn Champagne
Funeral services for Britni Lynn Champagne, 32, of Cullman will be at 11 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Bowman’s Chapel Church, with interment in Hoaker Forest Lawn Cemetery in Slidell, La. A visitation and services will also be held in Louisiana.
Graveside services for Irene Haynes, 87, of Bremen will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at Young Cemetery in Sparta, Tenn.
Tracy Jack Welch
Funeral services for Tracy Jack Welch, 84, of Hanceville will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Moss-Service Funeral Home Chapel, Bro. Ray Ponder officiating, with burial in Shelton Grove Cemetery.
SOUTHERN STYLE: Mystery of afterlife gains scientific recognition
The faithful have never doubted the existence of an afterlife, but for some non-believers, the subject of life after death has been, arguably, one of the greatest mysteries of all time. Where do we go when we leave this life?
- Fill ‘er up: Hankey brings back traditions of customer service
- WSCC independent film series continues with ‘Barzan’ Thursday (With trailer)
- Get ready for spring with these 3 apps for gardening
- SOUTHERN STYLE: Mystery of afterlife gains scientific recognition
- Weather Radar
- Letters to the Editor