By Lauren Estes
The Cullman Times
The Hanceville City Council approved a request from a Cullman County Mental Health Board member to donate $1,000 to the board during May, which is Mental Health Awareness month.
Former council member Sally Alexander made the request to the current city council about making the donation to the Mental Health Board. In previous years, Hanceville had made many donations, but because of recent financial issues following the April 27 tornado and its devastation, they have been unable to.
After a motion by Kim Brown and a second by Jimmy Walker, the council approved the request and will donate $1,000 to the mental health board.
In other business the council:
*Approved the minutes from the last meeting.
* Monthly police report was given.
* TAP was tabled until the next meeting.
* Monthly fire financial report was given.
*Results from the Fish-O-Rama were given.
* Announcement of upcoming Hanceville Jamboree football game at West Limestone.
* Public hearing for Dollar General was set for May 23.
* The 15th Annual Antique and Tractor Show will be June 7-8 on Wallace State Campus beginning at 9 a.m.
Lauren Estes can be reached at email@example.com or 256-734-2131, ext. 270.