CULLMAN — Good morning, readers, this is what's happening in your county today:
Today: Sunny, with a high near 58. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
Best bets for today and beyond:
Heartland Quilt Guild: The Heartland Quilt Guild will meet at 6:30 p.m. today at Christ Covenant Presbyterian Church, 1310 St. Joseph Dr. NE, Cullman 35055. Anyone may attend.
Midway community dance: The Midway Community Center will hold a dance at 7 p.m. today featuring the Classic Country Band. Admission is $4; all proceeds go to upkeep of community center, 164 Midway Road, Union Grove 35175.
OA: Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 4:45 p.m. today in the Carriage House at Grace Episcopal Church. Info: 724-376-2124 or 256-352-1143.
Wound healing seminar: Cullman Regional Medical Center’s WomenFirst & SeniorChoice Programs are pleased to offer the lunch and learn seminar “Healing Old Wounds – New Options for Hard to Heal Wounds” today, in CRMC’s Col. Cullman Room in the Community Education Center in Professional Office Building 2 (1912 AL Highway 157, POB 2, Cullman, AL 35058). Join the CRMC Wound Care Team for a panel discussion on the do's and don'ts for wound care, when to seek medical attention, and when to seek advanced treatment.
Registration begins at 11 a.m., followed by lunch and the seminar from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost of the lunch and learns program is $5 for WomenFirst & SeniorChoice members and $8 for others. Reserve your spot online at www.crmchospital.com or call 256-737-2600.
Continuing education courses offered at Wallace State: Wallace State Community College’s Continuing Education program is providing a number of opportunities to learn new skills or receive necessary certification. The classes offer everything from cupcake decorating, to CPR, piano or computer skills. These courses range from one-day classes to a two-month online course.
• CPR classes will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. today, in room 615 of the Tom Bevill building. The cost for the class is $50.
• Instant piano will be taught from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Nov. 18, on the ninth floor of the Bailey Building. The fee is $50, plus $25 for supplies.
• Advance computer for seniors will be taught from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Mondays from Nov. 18 through Dec. 2 in Computer Science Lab Room 9(B). The fee is $25.
• The Defensive Driving course will be held from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Nov. 18 on the 12th floor of the Bailey Center. The cost is $25.
• The CCS Exam Prep online course for ICD 9 and CPT Coding will be held Dec. 2-Feb. 28. The cost is $280.
• A class for decorating Christmas cupcakes will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 3 on the 12th floor of the Bailey Center. The cost is $20.
For more information, or to register for any of the courses, call 256-352-7826.