The Cullman County Commission will continue its membership with AirMedCare Network for air evacuation services at Stony Lonesome OHC Park.
The commission approved the annual membership at its regular meeting earlier this week.
"We've got about three landing spots down there that were created when the park was being built, because naturally on top of the mountains where people ride, that's where they normally have a problem — running into a tree or boulder or something," commission chairman James Graves said. "So when they break an arm, or something of that nature, they have to evacuate them out of there, so this is good that we have this service that will provide to the people."
In other business at its regular meeting Tuesday, the commission approved the equipment loan agreement with The McPherson Companies, Inc. According to county administrator Gary Teichmiller, the fuel supplier will install a system on the road department trucks’ fuel tanks that will automatically notify the company when its time for another delivery.
In other action, the commission:
- approved the annual contract with Johnston Technologies Inv. for services of APC/MGE equipment for the Sheriff's Department.
- approved the property access authorization for the installation of two monitoring wells to be located on the property of the old Water Department office.
- approved the appointment of Jack Collins to the Department of Human Resources board for a six-year term expiring May 15, 2018.
- set the speed limit on County Road 1177 at 25 miles per hour.
- approved a $300 donation to the North Alabama Agriplex for the 2012 Touring Farms for Kids program.
- approved a $1,000 donation to the White City Community Center, a polling place.
- extended bid No. 1052, traffic striping to J.C. Cheek Contractors, Inc.
- extended bid No. 1112, aggregate.
- ratified the following personnel actions:
- Randall Campbell — full time (temporary) to Sportsman Lake.
- Alicia Ford — part time to juvenile detention.
- Logan Griffith —full time (temporary) to Sportsman Lake.
- Darrell Gregory — part time to CARTS.
Promotions and resignations:
- Derek Frasier — full time to Animal Control.
- Kristina Ostberg — part time to full time to Animal Control.
- accepted the resignation of Christopher Edmondson from the Sanitation Department (full time).
- accepted the resignation of Ryan Warren from Animal Control (full time).
- accepted the resignation of Jessica Rodgers from the Sheriff's Department (full time).
- accepted the resignation of Jeremy Hasty from the Sheriff's Department (full time).
- revaluation of existing job of Edward Bishop — full time temporary at Sportsman Lake.
- revaluation of existing job of Matthew Teichmiller — part time to full time (temporary) at CARTS.
The next regular county commission meeting will be held Tuesday, July 10 at 10 a.m. in the first-floor commission meeting room of the Cullman County Courthouse.
* Ashley Graves can be reached by phone at 734-2131, ext. 225, or by email at email@example.com