- Dodge City Town Hall basement, Thursday-Sunday, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m., located at 130 Howard Circle in Dodge City.
- Cullman Civic Center in downtown Cullman. The lobby and one room is available today until 4 p.m. Drink machines are available. The center is also available Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m-5 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Gold Ridge Community Center, 5225 County Road 1645, is available Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Crane Hill VFD #1, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., located at 15123 County Rd 222 in Crane Hill.
- Cornerstone Revival Church, Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., at 3151 Alabama Highway 69 N, just past Cullman County Road Department.
Hanceville City Hall, council chambers, Friday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday residents seeking the cooling center should enter through the police department.
Hosting a cooling station? Email email@example.com to add your spot to the list.
- Top News
NATION: Tornado damage nears $2 billion; mayor wants shelter requirement
The Oklahoma Insurance Department says a preliminary estimate suggests the cost of the tornado that hit the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore could be more than $2 billion.
Appointed superintendent bill passes for Cullman County
It’s official: Billy Coleman will be the last superintendent ever elected for the Cullman County Board of Education.
The Times' Morning Update for Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Good morning, readers, this is what's happening in your county today:
NARCOG expects to select new attorney
Members of the North-central Alabama Regional Council of Governments (NARCOG) board are expected to select a new attorney for legal representation at their monthly meeting today.
NATION: With 24 dead, officials say Oklahoma survivor search is almost over
The search for survivors and the dead is nearly complete in the Oklahoma City suburb that was smashed by a mammoth tornado, the fire chief said Tuesday.
Arrests, incidents reports for Monday, May 20, 2013
Here is a look at the incidents that were reported to the Cullman City Police Department for Monday:
Cullman teenager injured in Monday crash
A single vehicle crash left a Cullman teenager injured at 3:20 p.m. on County Road 1141 Monday.
Couple honored for work on Clarkson Bridge
It was all Cullman County Parks manager Doug Davenport could do to get Ron and Julie Buker to the Cullman County Commission meeting last week.
2 Cullman residents arrested on drug charges, child taken to DHR
Two Cullman residents were arrested on multiple drug-related charges and a child was placed in Department of Human Resource’s care after deputies searched a home on Friday at 3:30 p.m.
BREAKING: Cullman Co. Schools' appointed superintendent bill passes
All future superintendents in the Cullman County school system will be appointed, following the last-minute passage of a local bill Monday night in the Alabama legislature.
- More Top News Headlines
- NATION: Tornado damage nears $2 billion; mayor wants shelter requirement