- Cullman, Alabama

Top News

April 29, 2013

Utility bill assistance today and Tuesday at the civic center

CULLMAN — The Community Action Partnership of North Alabama has experienced a decrease in calls so they have decided to set aside two days, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 29-30, for “open energy assistance” for residents of Cullman County (closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.). Clients do not have to make an appointment, however, they must bring the required documents (listed below) in order to receive assistance. This community outreach will be held at the McGukin Civic Center, 510 5th Street SW in Cullman. Clients must meet income and other program requirements. If you have received assistance since Dec. 1, 2012, you will not be eligible until June.

Each applicant must bring in the following documentation in order to receive assistance:

• Current utility bill

• Alabama picture ID

• Social Security Cards for all household members

• Proof of income for the previous month for everyone in the household - bank statements will not be accepted.

• Anyone in the household that is 18 or older that does not have any income or is not a full-time student must be present and bring a witness in with them, (witness cannot be a member of their immediate family nor a member of the household and cannot be someone receiving assistance on the same day)

• If you live in public housing, you must bring copy of current lease that includes utility allowance.

For additional information, call Community Action Partnership of North Alabama at 256-734-5170.


Text Only
Top News