A new restaurant and several convenience stores will soon be selling alcohol, following a flurry of licenses that were recently approved by the City of Cullman.
The upcoming Logan’s Roadhouse restaurant, on Alabama Highway 157 at Exit 310 of Interstate 65, was approved for an alcohol license with a positive recommendation from the alcohol review committee.
A representative from Logan’s did not return a message left seeking comment, though other locations around the southeast often feature a full-service bar.
Several Dollar General stores around the city were also approved for alcohol licenses, including locations at 6092 Alabama Highway 157 N; 2131 1st Street SW; 1642 Town Square SW; 801 2nd Avenue NW; and 1208 4th Street SW.
When contacted Tuesday, a local Dollar General representative was not sure exactly what the local stores will be stocking, or when sales will begin.
An alcohol license from specialty shop Brown & Co Beverages, located at 5285 Alabama Highway 157 NW, was also approved.
All pending licenses are still subject to state approval, which can take several weeks to process.
The council also:
- Approved a request from Cullman High School Cross Country Booster Club for a road race permit and to close Stadium Drive from Oak Drive to Hoehn Drive NE on October 13th, 2012 from 7:00 a.m. to Noon for a cross country race.
- Approved a request from Sue Turner of Cullman Life Chain for a permit to hold the ninth annual life chain along Highway 31 and Highway 278 on Saturday, October 27th, 2012 from Noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Approved a request from Stuart Goldsby for a permit to hold the Annual Youth Dove Hunt on September 8th, 2012 at Experiment Station Road.
- Approved a request from Cullman City School Board to rezone two parcels (1702102035003000 and 170212035001000) on Stadium Drive from R-3 to B-2.
- Approved a request from the City of Cullman to rezone a parcel (1702102035002000) on Stadium Drive from R-3 to B-2.
- Approved a request from Sanitation Superintendent Larry Jones to purchase a dump truck in the amount of $73,000 from the state bid at a 5% reduce cost until August 31st, 2012.
- Approved a request from Communication Workers of America for a permit to protest by picketing AT&T at 1311 Mitchell Road and 401 4th Avenue SE from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday beginning on August 6th, 2012 until the end of the C.W.A. strike.
- Approved a request from Assistant Police Chief Craig Green to purchase a camera lens from B & H Photo in the budgeted amount of $1,135.
- Approved a request from Brad Eidson of Catoma Centre Development Inc to annex Lot 1 Phase 2 of Kress Park Subdivison into the city limits of Cullman, Alabama.
- Approved a request from Kenneth Lawrence II of 403 9th Avenue, SE to annex his property on 3rd Street SE (Parcel Number: 17-01-11-4-005-004.001) into the city limits of Cullman.
- Awarded a bid for fuel at the Cullman Regional Airport to Perry Brothers Aviation Fuels, LLC, the lowest responsible bidder.
- Entered into an agreement with the State of Alabama for two Pedestrian Signal Heads on (1) Highway 278 at 1st Avenue SE & 2nd Avenue SE and (2) Highway 278 at 3rd Avenue SE & 4th Avenue SE.
- Entered into an agreement with Tek Links for security upgrade to the City of Cullman’s technology infrastructure required by the federal government in the amount of $14,321.
- Entered into an agreement with Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood for professional services for the acquisition of the Corry Property adjacent to the Cullman Regional Airport in the amount of $27,500.
- Granted a tax abatement for REHAU NA Properties, LLC.
- Granted a tax abatement for REHAU Automotive, LLC.
- Awarded emergency quotes to remove debris from Eight Mile Creek to Reeves and Sons, the lowest responsible bidder.
- Appointed election officials for the August 28th, 2012 Municipal Election and October 9th, 2012 Run-Off Municipal Election if necessary.
- Rezoned two tracts of property located on Convent Road NE from R-1 to R-2.
* Trent Moore can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephone at 734-2131, ext. 220.