- Letters to the Editor
- A positive project
- Support school officials in prayer issue
- Mission accomplished
- Cullman area Vietnam veterans will be honored
- Memorial Day: a Time to recognize, remember vets
- E-1 district proposal presents problems for residents
- Senators should do right thing on immigration
- 'Cabaret issue' in question
Have you ever wondered why seniors wear gowns and mortar boards at graduation ceremonies? And, how did we come to have a ceremony to signify the completion of 12 or 13 years of school? I have researched the topic and, at this time, I want to share some interesting facts about graduation with you.
Fond memories of school
My parents graduated from Holly Pond in 1961. I graduated 20 years later from the same school. All of my dad's siblings graduated from Holly Pond, and many of my first cousins did, too.
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines