GOOD HOPE PRIMARY
Second Nine Weeks
• First Grade: Sarabeth Allen, Addyson Hogg, Dawson Kicker, Emma Parker, Anna Smith, Zeb Smith, Colten Whatley, Jenna Crumpton, Lexi Doss, Shelby Hays, Lillie McCluskey, Roland Nisley, Carson Raley, Brady Scott, London Valladares, Addy Wood, Brady Hahs, Avery Baker, Xander Baker, Liberty Franks, Riko Fujimoto, Bryan Gonzalez, Brinlee Holcomb, Charly Johnson, Walker Kilpatrick, Mason Meyers, Emma Parker, Connor Sears, Shelby Whitfield, Emma Bailey, Avery Flynt, Mikah Hyde, Kaitlyn Kotlik, Ivey Maddox, Brodey Witcher, Jacob Harbison, Ally Hedgecock, Kaden Mathis, Caleb Sansing, Aubrey Smith, Annie Williams, Katelyn Beatty, Colby Jones
• Second Grade: Zach Darnell, Raigan Easterwood, Alysson Harvey, Lochlan Herron, Bailey Keef, Hailey Moody, Micah Smith, Malaki Blakely, Abbie Crider, Rudi Derrick, Allison Driver, Montserrat Santoyo, Anna Schoerrig, Carson Smith, Ayden Turner, Alex Davis, Anna Martin, Wyatt Scott, Grant Seymore, Cody Smith, Adrien Stewart, Marissa Wooten, Gracelyn Bowerman, Madison Cox, Katie Creel, Morgan Martin, Charlie O’Neil, Krista Phillips, Chase Bailey, Cayleigh Garmon, Maddie McKenney, Ayden Robertson, Houston Wells, Marlee Williams, Russell Wooten, Aubrey Aker, Destiny McGee, Paula Hernandez, Jed Clements, Lauren Hancock, Jacob Parker
• First Grade: Skylar Brock, Brody Calvert, Cole Davis, Dolorean Lindsey, Jillian Milligan, Andru Swann, Jet Swann, Samantha Aaron, Tristan Bledsoe, Emelia Chiaranda, Eli Clements, Emma Goodno, Chris Nichols, Ember Phillips, Josh Reburn, Tyler Beatty, Mahayla Dillard, Jada Lacky, Kaden Mattox, Harley Turnbull, Aubrin Davis, Felicity Driver, Ethan Edgeworth, Weston Hancock, Zak Keller, Landon Lowery, Zoe Marks, Barry Nixon, Guillermo Alday, Emma Lawley, Ethan McGraw, Dakota Overton, Ashley Ponce, Henry Prado, Abby Rodriquez, Sunshine Cupit, Raegan Hodges, Eason Putman
• Second Grade: Brian Munoz, Keyona Looney, Colton Lindsey, Gage Penio, Tiffany Holcombe, Jayden Williams, Breanna Arnold, Elijah Bartlett, Noah Drake, Madison Boone, Kaleb Jones, Caleb Willingham, Amy Wray, Braxton Betts, Kinsey Burns, Joshua Goodno, Owyn McClendon, Aidan Roberts, Dezzi Baker, Lacie Brooks, Hanna Goodno, Landon Swann, Mallory Taylor, Ashlyn Thomason, Katie Woodall, Kyle Cato, Chasity Duke, Jude Johnson, Ziza McDonald, Gavin Aker, Peyton Caudle, Alijah Coleman, Noah Crandall, Zachary Davis, Jaden Hobson, Payton Hodges, Abbi Hutchinson, Allyssa McDonald, Mackenzie Patterson, John Rhodes
GOOD HOPE PRIMARY
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors