GOOD HOPE —
GOOD HOPE PRIMARY
First Nine Weeks
• First Grade: Katie Wright, Brock Wooten, Emma Self, Alyssa Seckfort, Madison Parker, Zackery Loyd, Eli Kicker, Lexi Collins, Josie-Grace Bryan, Bailee Weissend, Cori Stevens, Taylor Patterson, Chloe Eisner, Fulton Easterwood, Izaiah Baxter, Isaiah Turner, MaryEllen Self, Kouhyn Lewis, Carianna Graves, Addyson Givens, James Denio, William Crawford, Mattie Wix, Dylan Williams, Ace Stricklin, Julian Skinner, Leanna Jones, Gisele Cortes, Chloe Brock, Cooper Allen, Mason Saint, Jonas Rusk, Jade Mahaffey, Paxton Hopper, Carsyn Glover, Kylee Denney, Hannah Rhodes, Eason Putman, Brooklynn Lambert, Kaylyn Engler, Addyson Burgess, Johathan Rodriguez-Maya, Haley Lay, Olivia Calvert, Rachel Tucker, Cameron Graves, Kinsley Dockins, Brent Chambers
• Second Grade: Brodey Witcher, London Valladares, Zeb Smith, Kyra Doss, Cole Davis, Aubrin Davis, Caleb Sansing, Lillie McCluskey, Avery Flint, Katelyn Beatty, Emma Bailey, Aubrey Smith, Emma Parker, Christopher Nicholas, Brodie Moore, Kaliana Lee, Katilyn Kotlik, Walker Kilpatrick, Dawson Kicker, Liberty Franks, Samantha Aaron, Kailey White, Brady Scott, Carson Raley, Ivey Maddox, Shelby Whitfield, Colton Whatley, Emma Parker, Roland Nisley, Kaden Mathis, Jenna Crumpton, Avery Baker, Annie Williams, Joshua Baker
• First Grade: Tristin Wilson, Luke Shelton, Caleb Graves, Savanna Gentry, Tyler Cone, Ace Taylor, Tucker Malin, Callahan Lindsey, Bryson Dillard, Madison Baker, Hannah Baggett, Chloe McGee, Keyan Lane, Whitlie Vincent, Dakota Turner, Robert Rodriguez, Kenzie O’Neil, Kerri Hutchinson, Scarlet Smith, Hayden Scott, Braxton Sandlin, Rileigh Peck, Zeb Burney, Judge Weissend, Justin Taylor, Kricket Russell, Jessalyn Nichols, Daniel Maxwell, Jaden Hogan, Nicholas Estes, Brayden Cooper, Jathan Smith, Trucker Shikle, Madilyn Murphree, Tanner Lawrence, Alexandria Jones, Jacob Haynes, Jasmin Guadarrama, Jaylee Borseth, Marlene Aquilar-Hernandez, Charlie Speegle, Kadi Smith, Kahnen Shockley, Alexis Marshall, Gannon Bowerman, Cody Bowden, Nathan Alexander
• Second Grade: Connor Sears, Mason Meyers, Brinlee Holcomb, Shelby Hayes, Nathan Guest, Ethan Edgeworth, Felicity Driver, Izack White, Mikah Hyde, Riko Fujimoto, Emelia Chiaranda, Tristan Bledsoe, Jillian Milligan, Colby Jones, Charly Johnson, Eli Clements, Sarabeth Allen, Ember Phillips, Bryan Gonzalez-Hernandez, Skylar Brock, Guillermo Alday, Harley Turnbull, Dakota Overton, Raegan Hodges, Lexi Fowler, Jared Blakely, Addison Wood, Ashley Ponce, Barry Nixon, Madison Lee, Emma Lawley, Ally Hedgecock, Weston Hancock
GOOD HOPE —
GOOD HOPE PRIMARY
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors