HOLLY POND —
HOLLY POND ELEMENTARY
First Nine Weeks
• First Grade: Jose Aguilar, Adrian Alverado, Diego Arreguin, Silas Baty, Brooklyn Baughman, Anya Bolzle, Sarah Brown, Joseph Farris, Mia Fortner, John Frasier, Darla Fredrick, Megan Fry, John Garcia, Gabriella Hallmark, Jacob Hays, Karen Johns, Tatum Mayfield, Jayda Miller, Alexis Millican, Ross Nelson, Westin O’Ryan, Courtney Parker, Alana Phillips, Joshua Putman, Matthew Putman, Ben Raley, Blake Rickard, Aubrey Smith, Kaden Smith, Libby Stallings, Brody Washburn
• Second Grade: Marleigh Arthur, Emery Barnett, Kollin Brown, Wyatt Buchanan, Elissa Burks, Alivia Farr, Jayden Holloway, Tessa Jones
• Third Grade: Emily Brooks, Eli Chaney, Lexi Farr, Makayla Fields, Diego Garcia, Ella Harris, Kaeley Loyd, John Martin, Kylee Miller, Alexis Pitts, J.T. Riley, Cally Taylor, Ryan Thompson, Breanna White, Maddie Wood
• Fourth Grade: Aleah Ayers, Molly Barnett, Rebecca Bell, Kaci Creel, Luke Denton, Tucker Gambrill, Evehan Hayes, Clay Kubler, Abigail Kusz, Kenan Pierce, Maureen Worthington
• Fifth Grade: Casey Brown, Camilla Chambers, Tate Duke, Sarah Finley, Druss Hays, Jessie Henderson, Parker Kelsoe, Shaun Thompson
• First Grade: Kaden Alexander, Nevaeh Carrillo, Maddie Clayton, Kevin Davis, Gissel Diaz, Abigail Easterwood, Riley Fortner, Charlee Gloasscock, Sadie Graham, Kirsten Grizzard, Jaxon Hayes, Brody Howard, Dixie Ledlow, Sophie Lowery, Kaecey Loyd, Dolton Sharpe, Jordan Smith, Piper Stricklin, Clay Tipton, Auburn Waldrop, Jackson Wilkins
• Second Grade: Allie Armstrong, Andrew Bell, A.J. Crutchfield, Emma Earl, Carmen Foust, Xander Fowler, Allie Hamm, Rex Harrison, Jonathan Haynes, Brodie Hickok, Lauryn Hoffman, Hunter Holmes, Emma Laney, Levi Lynn, Kaylee Rohrscheib, Laci Segrest
• Third Grade: Ivy Beasley, Will Benefield, Hunter Bradford, Nathan Carter, Cole Clayton, Ty Federer, Trystan Gray, Austin Hayes, Kade Horton, Austin Huddleston, Aliyah Ludwig, Connor Naramore, Dakota Price, Madyson Rickman, Ashlyn Smith, Dawson Strickland, Bai Widner
• Fourth Grade: Addison Armstrong, Laura Black, Tristin Brown, Jebb Bryan, Trinity Dillard, Trinity Downing, Klow Drane, Mattie Earl, Hunter Farr, Madison Frnka, Cidney Hays, Lexie Huddleston, Joe Hudspeth, Paige Hudspeth, Isaac Jackson, Kara Kelsoe, Emma Leach, Carter Martin, Raeleigh Olinger, Ryleigh O’Ryan, Paris Pannell, Kaitlyn Parker, Madison Phillips, Raven Picard, Wendy Prince, Yahir Quintero, Victoria Riley, Brooks Rosson, Todd Sears, Alexa Shivers, Emma Spitzer, Kaylee Stallings, Memphis Stover, Kadin Suryono, Jacob Turner, Kennedy Twilley, Trenton Welsh, Christian Whitehead
• Fifth Grade: Mikayla Brakefield, Tacoma Brown, Isaac Daniel, Abigail Downing, Ethan Fowler, Mary Gilley, Logan Guthery, Aaiyden Hayes, Ben Heatherly, Charlie Huddleston, Ulises Lopez-Guillermo, Parker Odeneal, Ginny Rasbury, Haley Richter, Matthew Roberson, Landon Rowell, Parker Sellers, Lane Tipton, Kathleen Whatley
HOLLY POND —
HOLLY POND ELEMENTARY
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors