First Nine Weeks
• First Grade: Christopher Abbott, Malicih Adams, Jon Bridges, Jazmyn Brown, Cayden Byram, Stormy Campbell, Gage Duncan, Christian Edmondson, Joshua Espindola, Destiny Espy, Natalie Evans, Jacob Hale, Lily Hasting, Zack Hawkins, Tess Jackson, Bradley Johnson, Hannah Johnson, Zane Jones, Caynon Klump, Rylan McRae, Ava McSwain, Marissa Mercer, Corey Parker, Samuel Pierce, Jonathan Roland, Aubrey Sandlin, Rush Sandlin, Trinity Sartin, Elli Shelton, Jakob Snyder, Kenzie Speakman, Isaiah Spicer, Carley Stephens, Alysa Stout, Destiny Stout, Haylie Sutfin, Kendra Watson, Ethan Wilhite, Lily Williams
• Second Grade: Isaiah Boyd, Jazmine Burley, Madison Crosslin, Oliver DeBoer, Kaden Graham, Toby Hill, Aubrey Jackson, Ashton Kelley, Brooklyn Knott, Jackson Lamon, Mildred Lemus, Callie Millwood, Kadence Pace, Vance Powell, Natalie Scott, Aura Simpson, Maci Smith, Mabry Thompson, Dawson Wilhite
• Third Grade: Ashlee Barber, Shaylynn Barnett, Daniel Brown, Noah Butterfly, Kelsey Campbell, Lani Carre, Brandon Cason, Bekah Clay, Dawson Crider, Savannah Drake, Berkley Gable, Bella Gingrich, Jake Gustafson, Emilie Hoffman, Savannah Keel, Asaac Moody, Zek Olinger, Brittany Parker, Hunter Russell, Chayce Sandlin, Lexi Sartin, Heather Sharpe, Brody Speer, Ayden Thomason, Lawson Whaley, Kimberly Wilt
• Fourth Grade: Destiny Bennett, Hunter Brock, Dakota Dunn, Jarrett Friedrich, Ethan Gay, Josh Gillott, Spencer Hasting, Kix Johnson, Ava Lewis, Christopher Martinez, Angela McDonald, Daisy McGraw, Seth Pierce, Savannah Raths, Irvin Rojas, Logan Smith, Alex Terry, Jordan Whitehead, Ava Woods
• Fifth Grade: Matthew Barnes, Tanner Brown, Emily Cheatwood, Allison Doyle, Logan Drake, Antoniyo Gay, Madison Hawkins, Hailey Henderson, Hailee Moore, Elise Payne, Austin Riddle, Caleb Sharpe, Sky Thomas
• First Grade: Caiden Aldridge, Erin Anderson, Chase Bennett, Dekota Crider, Haley Duckett, Lauren Elliott, Peyton England, Joseph Gardner, Christian Hart, Elijah Holmes, MaKenna Howard, Brianna Johnson, Mackenzie Johnson, Briana Leigeber, Jimmy Martinez, Kaylee Martinez, Elizabeth Mitchell, Chad Reynolds, Emma Rivera, Hayden Robinson, Carson Sanders, Lily Steimle, Easton Thompson, Breanna White, Aaron Wilt
• Second Grade: Jaden Baker, Ali Bennett, Thomas Brown, Jasmin Chino, Kassia Cottingham, Emma Dortch, Kimmy Driver, Katelyn Evans, Braeden Giles, Jana Harbison, Brianna Harden, Loretta Harvell, William Hathaway, Jaxon Holcomb, Maverick Johnson, Isaiah Jones, Gryffen King, Skyla Pair, Ava Pullium, Logan Raney, Cheyann Register, Evan Shelton, Jay Shipp, Abi Tankersley, Culley Welch, Parker Williams
• Third Grade: Cade Arnold, Elijah Byram, Bryan Chino, Logan Ford, Saul Fuentes, Gracie Goodwin, Blake Heaton, Zoe Holcomb, Kayla Johnson, Eli Keel, Savannah Mann, Jurnee Marotz, Ashlyn Mitchell, Weston Montgomery, Laya Moreno, Allie Mullins, Morgan Nail, MaKayla Noblett, Jared Ransom, Katie Reynolds, Brock Stevens, Zoe Taylor, Dalton Thomason, Shelby Thompson, Gracie Walker, Cylas Yarbrough
• Fourth Grade: Autumn Armstrong, Lydia Baker, Rowan Brunner, Kel Campbell, Mariam Chino, Caleb Driver, Leann Elliott, Graham Gilbreath, Enrique Gutierrez, Della Hand, Kendall Harbison, Abby Harden, Paige Holcomb, Star Kelley, Nicholas Laningham, Justin Marotz, Sylvia Miasek, Colby Miller, Belen Monterrosas, Corie Partain, Austin Richardson, Sydney Rutherford, Nathan Snyder, Justin Thomas, Easton Whatley, Preston Williams
• Fifth Grade: Zach Boyd, Caleb Butler, Jordan Chambless, Mary Clay, Clay Copeland, Dylan Crider, Ethan Douglas, Mason Gay, Carson Greer, IdaLee Greer, Madysen Hacker, Corey Harrington, Alexis Holmes, Leidy Jimenez, Olivia Johnson, Curtis Kennedy, Katie Landreth, Mackenzie Lawrence, Ethan Martin, Hanna McDonald, Bosten McDuffee, Lainey Moses, Yadria Sanchez, William Rhodes, Jonathan Rojas, Anna Smith, Trinity Snyder, Jayden Thompson, A.J. Turner, Reagan Waldrep, Karli Walker, Maria Whatley, Elexis Wilhite, Tristan Wilson
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors