First Nine Weeks
• First Grade: Brooks Allred, Sarah Brown, Abbey Cater, Kaden Cobbs, Laney Dothard, Kannon Dougherty, Micah Edwards, Olivia Frezza, Addison Herrington, Briley Hung, Izzy Kanaday, Walker Latham, Kendall Livingston, Carol Parker, Breia Rusk, Olivia Smith, Quinton Smith, Rebecca Stallings, Savannah Stewart, Brandon Warren, Ari Williams
• Second Grade: Baylor Brown, Blaire Drummond, Brooke Drummond, Gracie Echols, Hayden Kelley, Ellie Muse, Emma Muse, Callie Smith, Natalie Steimling, Sadie Vest
• Third Grade: Tyde Fairbanks, Isabel Folds, Kaleb Hall, Symon Joiner, Emma Morgan, Mac Shadden, Cooper Smith, Will Styles, Jessica Wallace
• Fourth Grade: Sarah Dockery, Zachary Joiner, Destinee Taylor, Gracie Vest, Faith Wilson
• Fifth Grade: Alaina Adderey, Cole Baker, Abby Brown, Caylee Brown, Gage Brown, Clent Burns, Lane Garnett, Brice Hale, Joshua Kelley, Michael McLemore, Nathaniel Miller, Justin Moore, Anna Muse, Brayden Nelson, Chloe Shadden, Audrey Smith
• Sixth Grade: Nicholas Benefield, Lindsey Fowler, Jonathan Goodwin, Anneliese Kruger
• Seventh Grade: Carter Brown, Micah Corder, Makenzie Hill, Langlee Holmes, Lauren Humphrey, Levi Kelley, Ben Shadden
• Eighth Grade: Levi Cagle, Haley Earwood, Cade Murphree, Tyler Peck, Wyatt Young
• First Grade: Noah Adkins, Manuel Delacruz, Evan Dockery, Arianna Frazier, Eliza Hoffheins, Christian King, Briley Nobinger, Abby Oden, Alaina Smith, Des’Ray Stokes, Jacob West, Aiden Wiley
• Second Grade: Trynton Allen, Jacob Booker, Emaleigh Brown, Madison Brown, Preston Campbell, Blaine Chambers, Blaine Hale, Alyssa Herrington, Natalie Hill, Eli Joiner, Kaelyn Jones, Chaney Kinney, Daniel Morris, Walter Norrie, Tristan Poole, Lexie Russell, Luke Stewart, Brooklyn Stiles, Thomas Williams, Sierra Wooten
• Third Grade: Levi Denney, Kade George, Carson Humphrey, Dorothea Miller, Kolton Mooney, Laney Nelson, Taylor Patton, Devin Peck, Payton Smith, Steven Stark, Katelynn Stewart, Eric Torres, Jordan Webster
• Fourth Grade: Langston Bordan, Kayleigh Clark, Lily Craft, Abigayle Douthit, Hannah Gourley, Clay Graham, Gabriel Hill, Mason Humphrey, Shannon Johnsey, Brennen Jones, Eli Lott, Nickolas Miller, Alyssa Norwood, Logan Privett, Garrett Styles, Harley Weissend
• Fifth Grade: Brooke Absher, Abbey Allred, Grace Cagle, Kelsey Cameron, Abbie Grace Corder, Cailee Couey, Jayla Drinkard, Elmo Gay, Charlie Humphrey, John Landers, Carter Latham, Madison Puckett, Parker Ricketts, Braden Rusk, Breanna Stark, Nicholas Steimling, Houston Strickland, Adam Wilson
• Sixth Grade: Tristan Bennett, Hunter Childers, Alex Cloer, Erik Cloer, Briley Douthit, Carter Holmes, Andrew King, Noah Lotz, Alana McDearmond, Dustin McIntosh, Sebastian Peck, Thomas Prus, Payden Smith, Colby Ullery
• Seventh Grade: Kaity Benson, Lauren Caudle, Isaac Childs, Carly Fairbanks, Rosie Hamilton, Seth Harper, Brayden Henderson, Wyatt Holmes, Skylar Irvin, Haley McNutt, Brittney Puckett, Allen Slaten, Chad Tenney, Bailey Watts
• Eighth Grade: Henslee Brindley, Preston Bryant, Logan Couey, Taylor Dudley, Lindsey Dunn, Nick Edge, Riley Ford, Callie Frost, D.J. Hyatt, Claudia Landers, Tyler Long, Dixie Muse, Montana Ryan, Michael Sapia, Alex Seguin, Matthew Slaten, Noah Steffen, Brayden Tucker
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors