WSCC Media Relations
Wallace State Community College
The Continuing Education Department at Wallace State Community College announces the following upcoming courses:
• Ballroom Dancing: This Ballroom Dance Class is for those who want to develop and/or improve their social dance skills. The instructor will provide guidelines for steps, patterns and proper techniques, including ballroom dance floor etiquette. Three to five dances will be taught depending on class make-up and progress. Open to those interested in beginning or advanced ballroom dancing. It will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, from Jan. 15 to Feb. 19. Registration fee is $30.
• Intro to Photoshop Elements: This course is aimed at students who are already familiar with the computer, but want to enhance their Photoshop skills. One will learn how to make files and be introduced to the various tools in the Tool Box. Also included in the class are opening and naming files, options and menu bars, palette bin, cropping and resizing images and simple enhancements. The class is offered from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, from Jan. 15 to Feb. 21, at the Burrow Center. Registration fee is $75.
• Facebook for Seniors: Senior adults will have a newfound appreciation for social media and be ready to connect to friends and family on Facebook after completing this course. One will learn how to set up a Facebook account and how to maintain a Facebook page. The class is offered from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 15 and 22. Registration fee is $25.
• Digital Camera for Seniors: This course is designed for seniors to get a better grasp on today’s technology in digital cameras and eliminate all the confusion one may encounter, all in a relaxed setting. You’ll learn how to easily operate your camera and how to download great photos of your grandchildren, other family members, friends and great places you may travel to. All interested are asked to bring their camera, owner’s manual, charged batteries and a memory card. The class is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5. Class fee is $25.
• iPad Mania: Bring your iPad to a cool class and let’s explore its uses. This course is designed to help one learn how to maximize their experiences with books, periodicals, movies, music, games, the web, email and the multitude of applications available on an iPad. It’s offered from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10. Registration fee is $30.
• Southern Genealogy: The adventure starts here! During this historical journey, participants will investigate their past and learn many different ways to access information. Each state categorizes its material in different ways, so get a road map and let’s hit the road as we cover Virginia to Alabama. This class is offered from 9 a.m. to noon Fridays, Jan. 11 and 18. Course fee is $35.
All Community Education classes require advanced registration, and one can call 256-352-7826 to register. For more classes offered during the spring, view the continuing and community education section of the Wallace State Spring Semester scheduled online at www.wallacestate.edu.