VINEMONT Middle School
Second Nine Weeks
• Sixth Grade: Blake Arrington, Emily Dyer, Travis Hopper, Abby Jennings, Carter Johnson, Emily Mathis, Carson Partain, Allison Powe, Ivy Preiss, Kinlee Puckett, Hannah Roland, Andrew Thomason, Dalton Whitehead
• Seventh Grade: Gabriela Castillo-Huerta, Allbany Douglas, Rachel Hall, Ethan McAlpine, Hudson Wood, Cassidy Wright
• Eighth Grade: Anthony Bailey, Thomas Baker, Alesia Cupp, Skye Graham, Haley Heaton, Hillary Holcomb, Sydney Hughes, Baylee Jennings, Marissa Kent, Nicholas Mann, Russell McDonald, Jessica McDonald, Jessica Mosley, Derrick Ransom, Alonzo Salgado-Cabanas, Tiffany Stout, Braxton Thompson, Gracie Whitehead, Kylie Williams
• Sixth Grade: Mahala Bennefield, Ethan Boyd, Valarie Cofer, Dallin Dingler, Joshua Fuentes-Ramirez, Dalton Giles, Jake Griggs, Jordan Hall, Connor Handley, Jack Hill, Jacob Jenkins, Olivia Kennedy, Isabella Kilker, Alexis Knutson, Dakota McGraw, Lucas Miller, Austin Millwood, Juan Monterrosas-Vazquez, Zander Noblett, Jessica Ortiz-Perez, Zoie Pair, Heidi Palacios-Morales, Desiree Phillips, Caleb Pierce, Bailey Preiss, Jayden Sullins, Nathan Tucker, Clark Whatley
• Seventh Grade: Sandra Beltran, Trey Boland, August Cook, Victoria Dingler, Ethan Dinkle, Adam Dunn, Nathaniel England, Mitchell Ford, John Gilbreath, Anastasia Hagood, Alexis Helton, Kaylon Helton, Abigail Johnson, Devin Johnson, Faith Leonard, Samantha Millwood, Madison Oliver, Osiel Ortiz, Alexis Ortiz-Perez, Hollie Owens, Ethan Parker, Christy Perales, Andrew Phillips, Jayda Raney, Jordan Ransom, Gavin Sapp, Jordan Terry, Brilee Wasilewski, Maddie Woods
• Eighth Grade: Shelbie Allbritten, Jakob Borden, Destiny Burley, Kortnee Chaffin, Reagan Cheatwood, William Clay, Thomas Duckett, Ana Gurganus, Madison Harbison, Justin Hoffman, Tristen Howell, Colton Lansford, Jamie Marotz, Braxton McDuffee, Brandon Mosley, Rachel Nelson, Amanda Newby, Maria Rodriguez, Dezarae Rogers, Adalynn Smithson, Luke Taylor, Dalton Thomason, Ivy Whatley, Emily Wilson
VINEMONT Middle School
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors