Second Nine Weeks
• First Grade: Isaiah Boyd, Kyser Campbell, Jasmin Chino, Madison Crosslin, Oliver Deboer, Emma Dortch, Carter Douglas, Noah Carter, Cale Foster, Alexis Glasscock, Kaden Graham, Brianna Harden, Jaxon Holcomb, Isaiah Jones, Aubrey Jackson, Ashton Kelley, Brooklyn Knott, Jackson Lamon, Mildred Lemus, Kate Lewis, Callie Millwood, Rianna Mosley, Kadence Pace, Aubrie Powell, Vance Powell, Sydney Ramey, Logan Raney, Ciara Rusk, Griffin Sarich, Natalie Scott, Abi Tankersley, Mabry Thompson, Ethan Wiggins, Parker Williams
• Second Grade: Ashley Barber, Daniel Brown, Noah Butterfly, Kelsey Campbell, Lani Carre, Brandon Cason, Bekah Clay, Taylor Crumpton, Savannah Drake, Macie Dyer, Berkley Gable, Brock Garrett, Bella Gingrich, Jake Gustafson, Blake Heaton, Emilie Hoffman, Eli Keel, Savannah Keel, Savannah Mann, Kristen Meriwether, Ashlyn Mitchell, Isaac Moody, Brittany Parker, Lexi Sartin, Heather Sharpe, Brody Speer, Zoe Taylor, Ayden Thomason, Lawson Whaley, Kimberly Wilt
• Third Grade: Lydia Baker, Destiny Bennett, Rowan Brunner, Hunter Brock, Caleb Driver, Dakota Dunn, Leann Elliott, Jarrett Friedrich, Joshua Gillott, Graham Gilbreath, Chandler Graves, Enrique Gutierrez, Peyton Hacker, J.P. Johnson, Kix Johnson, Ava Lewis, Christopher Martinez, Colby Miller, Addie Mincey, Belen Monterrosas, Seth Pierce, Savannah Raths, Austin Richardson, Irvin Rojas, Logan Smith, Alex Terry, Justin Thomas, Destiney Turner, Easton Whatley, Jordan Whitehead, Angel Wiggins, Preston Williams, Ava Woods
• Fourth Grade: Mary Francis Clay, Clay Copeland, Logan Drake, Hannah McDonald, Elise Payne, Austin Riddle, Sky Thomas
• Fifth Grade: Blake Arrington, Emily Dyer, Joshua Fuentes, Connor Handley, Abby Jennings, Katch Johnson, Carter Lindsey, Cameron Looney, Jazmine Marsh, Emily Mathis, Graham Nelson, Zoie Pair, Carson Partain, Jessica Perez, Allison Powe, Ivy Preiss, Kinlee Puckett, Hannah Roland, Wyatt Thomason, Dalton Whitehead
• First Grade: Wesley Barck, Cole Beard, Maycie Black, Jazmine Burley, Kimmy Driver, Katelynn Evans, Braeden Giles, Jana Harbison, Zadria Harris, William Hathaway, Kayden Henderson, Toby Hill, Jordyn Horton, Maverick Johnson, Hadley Jordan, Gryffen King, Jordan Martin, Caleb Mitchell, Jorden Monfort, Colton Parker, Zavier Sellers, Evan Shelton, Maci Smith, Lindsey Thomas, Culley Welch, Nikolas Wise
• Second Grade: Johnny Aquite, Hunter Bachman, Shaylynn Barnett, Sean Butler, Abbi Chappell, Bryan Chino, Dawson Crider, Logan Ford, Saul Fuentes, Gracie Goodwin, Kayla Johnson, Jessica Kilgo, Makayla Noblett, Ezekiel Olinger, Jared Ransom, Chayce Sandlin, Heather Sharpe, Ronnie Stephenson, Madyson Taylor, Dalton Thomason, Gracie Walker, Sierra Wooten, Brittany Yarbrough, Cylas Yarbrough
• Third Grade: Camden Burley, Kel Campbell, Mariam Chino, Ethan Gay, Della Hand, Kendall Harbison, Spencer Hasting, Ella Hill, Paige Holcomb, Star Kelley, Nic Laningham, Ashton Maddox, Angela McDonald, Daisy McGraw, Preston Osborn, Corie Partain, Skyler Richter, Sydney Rutherford, Brock Stevens, Katie Wilhite
• Fourth Grade: Matthew Barnes, Zachary Boyd, Tanner Brown, Jordan Chambless, Allison Doyle, Antoniyo Gay, Mason Gay, Carson Greer, Hailey Henderson, Olivia Johnson, Mark Knight, Katie Landreth, Ethan Martin, Bosten McDuffee, Lainey Moses, Gracie Phillips, Caleb Sharpe, Anna Smith, Tristan Wilson
• Fifth Grade: Lucky Armstrong, Mahala Bennefield, Ethan Boyd, Timothy Carter, Brady Chappell, Brandon Chino, Valarie Cofer, Dallin Dinkle, Mackenzie Garrett, Jake Griggs, Jordan Hall, Jack Hill, Travis Hopper, Gracie Kennedy, Belle Kilker, Shyanne Knutson, Benjamin Mann, Dakota McGraw, Sarena Meriwether, Lucas Miller, Austin Millwood, Carlos Monterrosas, Chloe Morgan, Katherine Morton, Heidi Palacios, Desiree Phillips, Caleb Pierce, Bailey Preiss, Clayton Rogers, Sadie Stanley, Shyanne Steele, Jayden Sullins, Nathan Tucker, Wesley Wallis, Teague Whatley
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors