HOLLY POND —
• First Grade: Marleigh Arthur, Emery Barnett, Andrew Bell, Kollin Brown, Wyatt Buchanan, Ellie Burks, Joshwa Dingler, Emma Earl, Alivia Farr, Carmen Foust, Xander Fowler, Kieran Gabriel, Carson Garrett, Rex Harrison, Lauryn Hoffman, Jayden Holloway, Abbey Jones, Phoebe Jones, Tessa Jones, Emma Laney, Elijah Link, Levi Lynn, Ashton Phillips, Laci Segrest, Trey Story, Abigail Whitehead
• Second Grade: Hunter Bradford, Emily Brooks, Diego Garcia, Ella Harris, Kade Horton, Tristan Ledlow, Kaeley Loyd, John Martin, Kylee Miller, Breanna White, Hailey Wood, Mattie Wood
• Third Grade: Aleah Ayers, Molly Barnett, Rebecca Bell, Kaci Creel, Luke Denton, Mattie Earl, Hunter Farr, Hunter Fry, Max Gambrill, Tucker Gambrill, Evehan Hayes, Isaac Jackson, Clay Kubler, Abigail Kusz, Emma Leach, Quincey Marks, Kenan Pierce, Brooks Rosson, Emma Spitzer, Nathan Thompson, Trenton Welsh, Brianna Whitehead, Christian Whitehead, Maureen Worthington
• Fourth Grade: Alexis Batemon, Mikayla Brakefield, Casey Brown, Camilla Chambers, Isaac Daniel, Tate Duke, Sarah Finley, Ethan Fowler, Aaiyden Hayes, Jessie Henderson, Ulises Lopez, Cody Lynn, Carson McKee, Joseph Norris, Matthew Roberson, Landon Rowell, Haley Richter, Shaun Thompson, Lane Tipton, Kathy Whatley
• Fifth Grade: Savannah Federer, Jordan Gambrill, Jace Grund, Reagan Johnson, Cooper Jones, Collin Leathers, Elizabeth Miller, Zack Reynolds, Kylie Ritchie, Shelby Williams
• First Grade: Olivia Barbee, Jarah Batemon, Harley Corbin, Connor Cothren, Allie Hamm, Conner Hastings, Jonathan Haynes, Brodie Hickok, Hunter Holmes, Jasmine Leatherwood, Grissom Mayfield, Molly Neal, Luis Orona, Noah Peterson, Kursten Putman, Kaylee Rohrscheib, Amelia Segrest, Pyper Shaw, Kamryn Tankersley, Jeremy Williams
• Second Grade: Jeffrey Aspinwall, Nate Carter, Eli Chaney, Cole Clayton, Levi Farr, Ty Federer, Makayla Fields, Samantha Giles, Abby Hamm, Aliyah Ludwig, Austin Marsh, Baylee Patterson, Alexis Pitts, Dakota Price, Madyson Rickman, Hayden Ritchie, Tanner Shoemaker, Ashlyn Smith, Dawson Strickland, Cally Taylor, Ryan Thompson, Bai Widner
• Third Grade: Eli Benefield, Xander Bonelli, Tristin Brown, Jebb Bryan, Alex Chaney, Maliki Chaney, Seth Collier, Trinity Dillard, Madison Frnka, Cidney Hays, Landon Hoffman, Logan Marsh, Carter Martin, Raeleigh Olinger, Paris Pannell, Kaitlyn Parker, Raven Picard, Wendy Prince, Katie Rickard, Yahir Quintero, Todd Sears, Kaylee Stallings, Kadin Suryono, Erica Turnbough, Jacob Turner
• Fourth Grade: Raven Aldridge, Brody Bagwell, Thomas Bell, Emily Bradford, Dylan Burgess, Hayden Carson, Dylan Cone, Desirae Corbin, Gunner Creel, Jordan Edge, Katie Farris, Dayden Floyd, Makenna Folds, Daron Giles, Rylan Griffin, Druss Hays, Jacob Holderfield, Brandon Holmes, Charlie Huddleston, Sarah Lancaster, Parker Odeneal, Shelbie Olinger, Jordan Segrest, Parker Sellers, Tyler Suryono, Kailee Widner
• Fifth Grade: Jordan Allbright, Christian Bagwell, J.T. Barbee, Katlin Brannon, Josey Brown, Dalton Bryan, Madison Cothren, Maddie East, August Floyd, Emily Harbin, Josie Harbison, Haley Hickok, Whitley Hill, Jurni Hoffman, Branson Hunter, Courtney Jones, Shannon Kitchens, J.J. Letson, Karli Marler, Anna Morris, Alliyah McGriff, Kameron McGriff, Nash Patterson, Colton Partain, Kalliann Perkins, Chassidy Putman, Autumn Sears, Andrew Shoemaker, Whitney Vincent, Skyler Welsh, Destiny Woodard
HOLLY POND —
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors