HOLLY POND —
HOLLY POND Elementary
Second Nine Weeks
• First Grade: José Aguilar, Adrian Alverado, Diego Arreguin, Silas Baty, Anya Bolzle, Sarah Brown, Maddie Clayton, Kevin Davis, Joseph Farris, John Frasier, Megan Fry, John Garcia, Gabrielle Hallmark, Jacob Hays, Brody Howard, Karen Johns, Dixie Ledlow, Tatum Mayfield, Jayda Miller, Alexis Millican, Westin O’Ryan, Courtney Parker, Alana Phillips, Matthew Putman, Ben Raley, Aubrey Smith, Libby Stallings, Brody Washburn
• Second Grade: Emery Barnett, Kollin Brown, Wyatt Buchanan, Ellissa Burks, Alivia Farr, Xander Fowler, Carson Garrett, Jayden Holloway, Tessa Jones
• Third Grade: Emily Brooks, Nathan Carter, Diego Garcia, Ella Harris, Kaeley Loyd, John Martin, Kylee Miller, J.T. Riley, Mattie Wood
• Fourth Grade: Aleah Ayers, Rebecca Bell, Molly Barnett, Kaci Creel, Luke Denton, Trinity Downing, Hunter Fry, Tucker Gambrill, Clay Kubler, Abigail Kusz, Evehan Hayes, Ryleigh O’Ryan, Kenan Pierce, Victoria Riley, Brooks Rosson, Maureen Worthington
• Fifth Grade: Casey Brown, Camilla Chambers, Lane Tipton, Kathy Whatley, Sarah Finley, Druss Hays, Jessie Henderson, Charlie Huddleston, Parker Kelsoe, Shelbie Olinger, Abigail Downing
• First Grade: Kaden Alexander, Brooklyn Baughman, Navaeh Carrillo, Abigail Easterwood, Darla Fredrick, Charlee Glasscock, Sadie Graham, Kirsten Grizzard, Jason Hayes, Carter Longshore, Sophie Lowery, Kaecey Loyd, Ross Nelson, Zaine Oakley, Gissel Orona, Joshua Puttman, Kaden Smith, Auburn Waldrop, Jackson Wilkins
• Second Grade: Allie Armstrong, Marleigh Arthur, Andrew Bell, Maycie Black, Harley Corbin, A.J. Crutchfield, Emma Earl, Carmen Foust, Rex Harrison, Jonathan Haynes, Brodie Hickok, Lauryn Hoffman, Hunter Holmes, Abigail Jones, Phoebe Jones, Zac Joslyn, Emma Laney, Elijah Link, Levi Lynn, Molly Neal, Ashton Phillips, Kaylee Rohrscheib, Amelia Spitzer, Abigail Whitehead
• Third Grade: Ivy Beasley, Will Benefield, Chase Brazelton, Eli Chaney, Cole Clayton, Alijah Cook, Mariah Dunbar, Levi Farr, Ty Federer, Makayla Fields, Samantha Giles, Trystan Gray, Kade Horton, Austin Huddleston, Tristan Ledlow, Aliyah Ludwig, Austin Marsh, Connor Naramore, Baylee Patterson, Alexis Pitts, Dakota Price, Madyson Rickman, Hayden Ritchie, Tanner Shoemaker, Ashlyn Smith, Dawson Strickland, Ethan Tapscott, Cally Taylor, Ryan Thompson, Morgan Turner, Breanna White, Bai Widner, Hailey Wood
• Fourth Grade: Jebb Bryan, Tristin Brown, Jaylynn Criscoe, Mattie Earl, Hannah Echols, Hunter Farr, Madison Frnka, Lexie Huddleston, Paige Hudspeth, Joe Hudspeth, Isaac Jackson, Kara Kelsoe, Emma Leach, Quincey Marks, Raleigh Olinger, Kaitlyn Parker, Paris Pannell, Madison Phillips, Raven Picard, Christopher Putman, Yahir Quintero, Katie Rickard, Todd Sears, Nate Snapp, Emma Spitzer, Kaylee Stallings, Kadin Suryono, Nathan Thompson, Erica Turnbough, Jacob Turner, Kennedy Twilley, Trenton Welsh, Christian Whitehead
• Fifth Grade: Aubrey Armstrong, Emily Bradford, Mikayla Brakefield, Tacoma Brown, Hayden Carson, Gunner Creel, Isaac Daniel, Tate Duke, Makenna Folds, Ethan Fowler, Zander Freeman, Daron Giles, Rylan Griffin, Ben Heatherly, Cody Lynn, Josh McGinnis, Parker Odeneal, Ginny Rasbury, Haley Richter, Matthew Roberson, T.J. Rollins, Landon Rowell, Parker Sellers, Tyler Suryono, Shaun Thomspon
HOLLY POND —
HOLLY POND Elementary
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors