• First Grade: Taylor Bullard, Hannah Corley, Jayla Gorham, Britt Hardin, Sadie Smith, Damien Cornelius, Antonio Espinoza, Eric Dingler Gonzalez, Alma Martinez, Gracen McCowen, Matthew Roberts, Abby Stricklin, Lucas West, Preston Howard, Aja Black, Reagan Dunkin, Kalob Ford, A.B. Martinez, Ethan Pearce, Dixie Plunkett, Coby Shackelford, Harper Shedd, Hunter Tompkins, Britany Velazquez-Morales
• Second Grade: Karah Ford, Brianna Harbison, Daniel Hostetler, Landon Tweedie, Cheyenne Whisenant, Kaley Wilson, Steven Beasley, Ethan Frasier, Emma Garcia, Lexi Goodwin, Baylee Hardin, Cooper Salazar, Carrington Chambers, Chloe Cox, Gage Garrison, Miguel Gonzalez, Hayden Griffin, Raina King, Harli Reynolds, Tony Rivera, Abby Rowland, Justin Satterfield, Alexis Schaefers, Jamie Smith, Avery Turner
• Third Grade: Aubrey Harris, Morgan Lindsay, Dakota Whisenant, Caden Bray, Michael Chambers, Joshua Gilley, Emma Guffey, Hunter Murphree, Chloe Sandlin, Cameron Shedd, Tatin Walker, Mckayla Bennett, Kaitlyn Benson, Brody Dugins, Ty Grigsby, Austin Johnson, Briley Whitehead
• Fourth Grade: Justin Hostetler, Isabella Olson, Nathan Coker, Trent Gorham, Eli Loyd
• Fifth Grade: Jaggar Corley, Charles Dukes, Kursten Gregg, Morgan Haynes
• Sixth Grade: Elivia Jones, Gracie Loyd, Slade Ryan, Caleb White, Jaxon Dunn, Kristen Hays, Connor Tipton, Zane Whisenant
• Seventh Grade: Kaylan Blake, Kyndal Harper, Gracie Thomas, Tyler Williams, Danielle Collins, Jacqueline Reyes
• Eighth Grade: Makenna Chambers, Taylor Dover, Kyle Hays, Caitlyn Patterson, Colton Patterson
• First Grade: Memphis Ennis, Kaylie Pickett, Emily Curvin, Brayden McGee
• Second Grade: Braxton Filippone, Jayla Harper, Christopher Miller, Aiden Pope, Hope Smith, Zoe White, Bella Martin, Logan Martin, Jordan Raymond, Kiley Stevens, Colby Talley, Katie Wilson, Katera Anken, Erin Sayre
• Third Grade: Jayden Allred, Yulissa Barcenas, Aiden Brown, John Humphreys, Makayla Latham, Shelby Plunkett, Allie Scott, Carter Thomas, Melissa Velazquez-Morales, Stormy Beasley, Emery Brandebourg, John Coker, Kaitlyn Hankins, Lillie West, Meagan Childress, Abby Davis, Lauren Frasier, Emily Myers, Clay Olson, Hailey Powell, Karlie White
• Fourth Grade: Jasper Bridges, Ryan Crossman, Relora Embrey, Erika Martinez, Breeann Mullins, Cassidy Tompkins, Allie West, John White, Kobey Cross, Faith Dover, Jacy Gorham, Emma Jones, Destiny Latham, Landon Martin, Alexis Reyes, Kylee Sayre, Cade Stevens, Landon Taylor, Kaley Walker, Tanner Bennett, Micheal Huckabee
• Fifth Grade: Jilly Frazier, Katelyn Headrick, Alesha Lamons, Dakota Leeth, Austin Lowe, Cordell Minor
• Sixth Grade: Dylan Crossman, Dakota Curvin, Marissa Donohoo, Andrew Eudy, Isaac Gandy, Zane Miller, Mackenzie Morrow, Carlee Pope, Hailey Satterfield, Caitlin Shedd, Cayla Allen, Jacob Gilley, Cory Jenkins, Brandee Smith
• Seventh Grade: Taylor Brown, Brayden Dugins, Jesse Embrey, Libby Maddox, Katelyn Neely, Lorin Zehr, Kailynn Abrams, Katie Coker, Mason Maze, Taylor Martin, Bethany McNiel, Antonia Bennefield, Isaac West
• Eighth Grade: Chelsey Dingler, Kaitlin Sandlin, Tyler Dover, Savannah Fortner, Luke Haynes
Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors
A Cullman County resident received academic honors during the fall semester at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tenn.
Darcie Wilson of Cullman was named to the dean’s list with a semester grade point average between 3.5 and 3.9.
Homeschool series a hit at Wallace State
For the past three weeks, homeschool students in Cullman County and surrounding areas have learned the basics of drawing, computer graphics and painting as part of a series of classes held at Wallace State Community College.
North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force Lt. Matt Gentry shares information with students at WSCC
The Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) and Human Services departments at Wallace State Community College recently hosted Lieutenant Matt Gentry from the North Alabama DEA Drug Task Force. He informed the students about current illegal drug abuse trends and trafficking in our region.
Holly Pond Elementary's Spelling Bee
Holly Pond Elementary School recently held their school Spelling Bee. Winners are, from left, Casey Brown, fifth grade, first place; and runner up, Abigail Kusz, fourth grade. Casey will represent the school in the county-wide Spelling Bee at Fairview School.
West Point Middle School placed first at scholars' invitational
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed Jan. 18 in the 2014 Cullman Middle School Scholars’ Bowl Invitational. West Point finished first place. These four students received special recognition for their high scores: from left, Will Parker, Billy Ellis, Tom Parker and Bailee Drummond.
West Point Middle School's Scholar Bowl at county tourney
West Point Middle School Scholars' Bowl competed in the Cullman County Scholars' Bowl Tournament Dec. 13, 2013, at Wallace State Community College where they placed first in the county.
Cullman Community Lions Club makes a donation
At a recent meeting, Cullman Community Lions Club President Janice Osborne, left, presented a check for $500 to Vinemont High School Leo Club President Destiny Langford to help with a project the Leo Club is presently working on to benefit their school.
Kenya Relief seeking educators for July 3-15 trip
The July 3-15, 2014, Kenya Relief Teacher's Team is forming now. This team will provide professional development for local Kenyan teachers as well as visit local schools and hand out much needed school supplies.
Studies find Neanderthal genes in modern humans
Neanderthal genes lurk among us. Small traces of Neanderthal DNA have been confirmed in the areas of the genome that affect skin and hair of modern humans, according to two new studies that also give clues as to which Neanderthal traits may have been helpful - or harmful - to the survival of our species.
Archaeologists unearth the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh
Archaeologists from the University of Pennsylvania announced this month that they have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh.
- More Education Headlines
- Cullman student earns Martin Methodist College honors