Firefighters and police officers will cycle over 750 miles in nine days to pay tribute to eight emergency responders who made the ultimate sacrifice while protecting the citizens of their community in 2012.
The 2013 Ride will be dedicated to our fallen brothers and sisters from Florida, Virginia and Tennessee:
• Detective David White - Clay County Sheriff's Office, FL
• Deputy Sheriff Barbara Pill - Brevard County Sheriff's Office, FL
• Sergeant Ruben Howard Thomas, III - Florida Department of Corrections, FL
• Chief Kenny D. Fox - Decaturville Fire Department, TN
• Engineer Chris Manguso - Broward County Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue, FL
• Police Officer Bruce St. Laurent - Jupiter Police Department, FL
• Deputy Sheriff Christopher Schaub - Broward County Sheriff's Office, FL
• Police Officer Chris Yung - Prince William County Police Department, VA
En route, the riders and their support team will meet with local fire departments and law enforcement agencies to show the spirit of Brotherhood.
The cyclists will make an overnight stop in Cullman, continue to Florence and conclude at Decaturville, Tenn., at Fire Station No. 3. The cyclists average 80 to 100 miles a day.
May 9: Cullman Elks No. 1609, 1525 Brantley Ave., Cullman 35055
May 10: Florence Elks No. 820, 2550 Chisholm Rd., Florence 35630
To help support the loved ones who are left behind they rely on donations, support, and sponsorship as the sole means of obtaining their goal. This year’s proceeds will go to the families of the eight emergency responders they are honoring.
To help the Brotherhood Ride reach their goal, you can visit their website to make a donation, purchase T-shirts or contact them if you would like more information on becoming a sponsor.