- Breaking News
- Day in the Park concert, fireworks cancelled due to tornado warning
- Government shuts down Silverton Bank Regulators shut down Silverton Bank in Georgia on Friday and set up a temporary government-controlled bank until a buyer can be found. The bank fell victim to large losses on real estate construction and development loans, regulators said.
Authorities suspect Sumiton escapee left area in stolen vehicle
By Patrick McCreless
Local authorities suspect the armed man who they thought was hiding in an Arkadelphia trailer for seven hours Saturday escaped beforehand in a stolen vehicle.
7 hour standoff ends with escapee still at large, armed and dangerous
By Patrick McCreless
ARKADELPHIA — More than 50 law enforcement officers surrounded an Arkadelphia trailer for approximately 7 hours Saturday under the belief an armed escapee was inside — only to find he was nowhere in the area.
Highway 91 S blocked off
The state troopers have put a block up at the 10-mile marker on Highway 91 South to prevent through traffic during this time.
Sumiton escapee engaged in standoff in Colony. The Times is on the scene. Check back for updates.
- Late papers Due to a mechanical problem with the press, some papers will be delivered late. The Times apologizes for any inconvenience.
Wreck delays traffic on I-65
By Trent Moore
An eight vehicle accident stalled northbound traffic on Interstate 65 Friday afternoon, then a three vehicle accident soon blocked the Hwy. 31 detour.
Severe thunderstorm warning expires, pebble size hail strikes Cullman
Severe thunderstorm warning expires, pebble size hail strikes Cullman.
- EXCLUSIVE: Zeb Little to seek help for drinking problem, has no plans to step down After being arrested Friday night for driving while intoxicated, Sen. Zeb Little (D-Cullman) sat down with The Cullman Times for his first interview since the arrest.
- Citizens react to Little's DUI arrest Cullman citizens and political officials had varied responses to Rep. Zeb Little’s recent DUI arrest, though one thought rang constant: He needs to take care of the problem.
- More Breaking News Headlines