Taken in 1900 by Herman Wiggins, this is the Holly Pond School, the second school to be built after the one-room school was done away with. No known photos are available of the one-room school. Built in 1891, this two-story four-room school was located south of U.S. Highway 278 across from the Baptist Church. Miss Sallie Waid, teacher, is on the right; and Mr. T. R. Guthrie, teacher, is on the top left holding the flag. Blackboards were painted on the walls. The building was used as a residence for several years by Mr. Will Wiggins, and later as rental property. The young man near the flag (upper left) is Lonnie “L.Q.” Wiggins, who later married his teacher, Miss Sallie Waid.