- Top News
Arrests, incidents reports for Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
Here is a look at the incidents that were reported to the Cullman City Police Department for Wednesday:
- City approves $4 million to finish dam design
- Local group of volunteers helping families at Christmas
- The Times' Morning Update for Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013
- Arrests, incidents reports for Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013
- Arrests, incidents reports for Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
- Top Sports
WALLACE STATE BASKETBALL: Lady Lions hammer Motlow State, men lose heartbreaker in closing seconds
A week after posting 100 points, Wallace State’s women nearly matched the feat again Tuesday night, rolling to a 97-35 victory over Motlow (Tenn.) State at Tom Drake Coliseum.
- MLB: Rangers draft Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bronco boys debut at No. 2 in 3A of ASWA's 1st rankings; 3 other local teams in top 5
- PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Cofers, Raiders edge Vinemont 63-61; Cold Springs downs Oakman; Saints drop pair in area play
- PREP BASKETBALL: Broncos sweep, Aggies honor legendary coach on Joe Shults Night
- WALLACE STATE BASKETBALL: Lady Lions hammer Motlow State, men lose heartbreaker in closing seconds
Emma Corinne Hollis
Funeral services for Emma Corinne Hollis, 90, of Cullman, will be 10 a.m. on Saturday, December 14, 2013 at Cullman Funeral Home Chapel with interment in New Prospect Cemetery.
Gregory Tillman Carreker Sr.
Graveside services for Gregory Tillman Carreker Sr., 52, of Cullman will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, 2013, at Good Hope Cemetery, Nathan Vaughn officiating.
Margrette E. ‘Pee Wee’ Berry
Funeral services for Margrette E. “Pee Wee” Berry, 89, of Cullman will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, 2013, at Moss Service Funeral Home Chapel, Bro. Wayne Wisner officiating, with burial in Cullman Memory Gardens.
Catherine Ann Treece
Catherine Ann Treece, 53, of Logan entered into rest Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at her home surrounded by her family.
Michael Anthony Wren
Funeral services for Michael Anthony Wren, 55, of Cullman will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at Etha Baptist Church, Keith Eli Whitley officiating, with interment in Etha Cemetery in Cullman. The body will lie in state from 1 to 2 p.m. at the church.
- Emma Corinne Hollis
Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
Auburn fan Robert Burton of Fayetteville, Ga., went all out to combine his holiday decorating with a celebration of the Tigers’ Iron Bowl win over Alabama. His Christmas light display includes a radio call of the final play in one of college football's most dramatic finishes.
- Brotherhood, Ferris Wheels and Politicians
- Pets of the week: Astro and Amazon need forever homes
- Museum debuts 2013 Christmas ornament
- Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
- Weather Radar
- Letters to the Editor