- Top News
Reward offered in theft case
The Cullman County Sheriff’s Office is offering a reward for the arrest of those involved with multiple thefts of outdoor tools, utility vehicles and recreational equipment around the community.
- Poll closed, city schools’ drug testing policy to move ahead
- Cullman man accused of child abuse has previous bond reinstated
- Child abuse prevention memorial (Photo)
- The Times' Morning Update for Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Reward offered in theft case
- Top Sports
Cold Springs’ girls, Vinemont boys repeat as county track and field champs; Handley, Robinson, Heaton haul in MVP honors
Vinemont’s Nathan Handley ran away from the competition. Fairview’s Caine Robinson leapt over it. And Holly Pond’s Mykenzie Heaton simply left it in the dust.
- WALLACE STATE SOFTBALL: Lions breeze past conference foe Marion Military in doubleheader opener
- CULLMAN COUNTY GOLF TOURNAMENT: Good Hope’s Marty clinches 3-peat as low medalist, Bronco boys stave off Aggies for team crown
- CULLMAN COUNTY SOFTBALL TOURNEY: Lady Warriors put together hit parade to rope in 1st title since 2008
- ASWA RANKINGS: Lady Bearcats, Broncos fall one spot in latest polls
- Cold Springs’ girls, Vinemont boys repeat as county track and field champs; Handley, Robinson, Heaton haul in MVP honors
Sharon Capps Phillips
Funeral services for Ms. Sharon Capps Phillips, 69, of Springhill will be held at 4 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at Cullman Funeral Home Chapel, Mike Waters officiating, with interment at Springhill Cemetery.
James Edward McCravy
Funeral services for James Edward McCravy, 80, of Cullman will be held on Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Hanceville; with interment in Ebenezer Cemetery. He will lie in state one hour prior to the service. The family will receive friends on Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Mira Dean Gentry
Farris Dale Easterwood
Funeral services for Farris Dale Easterwood, 59, of Cullman will be at 1 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at Cullman Heritage Funeral Home Chapel, Pastor Kenneth Terry officiating, with interment in Springhill Cemetery.
Dianna Bailey Newell
Graveside services for Dianna Bailey Newell, 67, will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Etha Cemetery, Darryl Bailey officiating.
- Sharon Capps Phillips
Jazz Band tuning up for annual Big Band Ballroom Dance
The Wallace State Jazz Band will make Friday a really good day to kick up your heels, as it hosts its annual Big Band Ballroom Dance at 7 p.m. Friday, April 18.
- Pet of the week: Bria needs a forever home
- Holly Pond’s historic schools
- SOUTHERN STYLE: City kid walking
- Jazz Band tuning up for annual Big Band Ballroom Dance
- Weather Radar
- Letters to the Editor
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Enough is enough, stop child abuse now
In 2013, 32 children died in Alabama as the direct result of child abuse.
- Regarding job descriptions
- Do what is right in political field
- Litter bugs come in all ages
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Enough is enough, stop child abuse now
EDITORIAL: Gaining a lifetime of success
The arguments for a deeper investment in the arts for public school children are overwhelmingly favorable. The money is simply not following the logic.
- EDITORIAL: Gun bill backfires
- EDITORIAL: Above and beyond
- EDITORIAL: A chance to lead growth
- EDITORIAL: Out of date, out of time
- EDITORIAL: Gaining a lifetime of success