- Top News
NARCOG expects to select new attorney
Members of the North-central Alabama Regional Council of Governments (NARCOG) board are expected to select a new attorney for legal representation at their monthly meeting today.
- NATION: With 24 dead, officials say Oklahoma survivor search is almost over
- Arrests, incidents reports for Monday, May 20, 2013
- Cullman teenager injured in Monday crash
- Couple honored for work on Clarkson Bridge
- NARCOG expects to select new attorney
- Top Sports
NBA: Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1M tornado pledge
Oklahoma City isn't just a place where Thunder star Kevin Durant lives these days. It's home.
So as he watched the horrifying images Monday as a tornado ripped through suburban Moore, the emotions came bubbling to the surface and so did the need to help. Durant pledged $1 million for tornado relief through his foundation on Tuesday, eager to help a devastated area begin to rebuild.
- PREP FOOTBALL: Local business calls audible on $10,000 prize, donates entire amount back to West Point Quarterback Club
- PGA TOUR: Woods, Garcia unlikely to make-up any time soon
- WALLACE STATE SOFTBALL: Lady Lions use lack of respect, offensive outburst to fuel national championship run
- LOCAL GOLF: Tucker overcomes 3-shot deficit, cruises to Cullman Golf Course Men’s Invitational title
- NBA: Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1M tornado pledge
Cracked Cellphone Screens Become Status Symbol
Brittany Lofton spots them all the time: teens and college students clutching their beat-up cellphones, with screens so cracked that spider-web-like patterns creep across the glass.
- Pet Talk: A common nuisance for cats can be dangerous
- Pets of the week: Kiskus and Giblet need forever homes
- BBQ My Way: Classic BBQ chicken
- Cracked Cellphone Screens Become Status Symbol
- Weather Radar
- Letters to the Editor
Taking the lead in education
The once-heralded ‘No Child Left Behind” education initiative from the federal level has just about run out of gas.
- Moving into the future
- Editorial: Seizure of AP phone records insult to independent press
- EDITORIAL: The IRS' Turn to Answer Questions
- Editorial: The house of death
- Taking the lead in education