- Top News
A woman carries her child through a field near the collapsed Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, Okla., Monday, May 20, 2013. A tornado as much as a mile (1.6 kilometers) wide with winds up to 200 mph (320 kph) roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods, setting buildings on fire and landing a direct blow on an elementary school.
Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51 (UPDATED)
A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds up to 200 mph.
- Home, sweet home: U.S. Army Charlie Company returns to Cullman (Updated: With Video)
- Arrests, incidents reports for May 17-19, 2013
- Collapse closes Smith Lake road
- Postal food drive successful for Cullman Caring For Kids
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51 (UPDATED)
- Top Sports
PGA TOUR: Woods, Garcia unlikely to make-up any time soon
Tiger Woods spoke for some 20 minutes about the state of his game, belly putters, the U.S. Open and the AT&T National. As he was wrapping up, he needed just one word to cover the topic of Sergio Garcia.
- WALLACE STATE SOFTBALL: Lady Lions use lack of respect, offensive outburst to fuel national championship run
- LOCAL GOLF: Tucker overcomes 3-shot deficit, cruises to Cullman Golf Course Men’s Invitational title
- WALLACE STATE SOFTBALL: Lions capture second NJCAA Division I national championship
- LOCAL GOLF: Lindsey takes 3-shot lead into final day of Cullman Golf Course Spring Invitational
- PGA TOUR: Woods, Garcia unlikely to make-up any time soon
Pet Talk: A common nuisance for cats can be dangerous
Many pet owners love their feline friends and will do whatever it takes to keep them relaxed and happy. This makes it especially alarming for pet-owners who witness their cat suffer the discomforting symptoms that come with hairballs.
- Pets of the week: Kiskus and Giblet need forever homes
- BBQ My Way: Classic BBQ chicken
- SOUTHERN STYLE: Nostalgia
- Pet Talk: A common nuisance for cats can be dangerous
- Weather Radar
- Letters to the Editor
Moving into the future
Hundreds of local high school seniors are accepting their diplomas and preparing to turn the page in the next chapter of their lives.
- Editorial: Seizure of AP phone records insult to independent press
- EDITORIAL: The IRS' Turn to Answer Questions
- Editorial: The house of death
- Editorial: Murder, insanity and guns
- Moving into the future